CUSM MBS PROGRAM
MBS Admissions for the Class of 2023 (beginning this August) is now open, to apply please click the link below:
We are excited to announce a new Conditional Admit Pathway from the CUSM MBS to MD Program. This is in addition to our existing linkage where MBS students and alumni can qualify for an interview with the MD Program. Details for both are below:
Guaranteed interview with CUSM MD Program
Open to: MBS students during their year in the MBS Program and for the two years following graduation
Requirements: Students with a Fall semester MBS GPA of 3.2 or above and MCAT of 506 or above will qualify for an interview if they apply to the CUSM MD Program through AMCAS.
CUSM MBS to MD Admissions Pathway
Open to: MBS students during the year they are in the Program*
Requirements: Must have Fall semester MBS GPA of 3.5 or above and MCAT of 506 or above to apply through AMCAS. If the applicant is offered a conditional MD acceptance, they must graduate from the MBS program with an overall 3.7 GPA or above to secure a seat.
* Note: to be eligible to apply for this pathway, you must take the MCAT before starting the MBS Program or early in the Fall semester and earn a 506 or above.
Students participating in either of these linkage Programs must submit a complete AMCAS application, CUSM secondary application and successfully complete all required steps in the CUSM MD Admissions process in accordance with deadlines provided.
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in our Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) program.
We are excited that you are considering our program as a pathway to help reach your healthcare career goals. Our curriculum focuses on strengthening academic credentials in the biomedical sciences as well as building the communication and critical-thinking skills necessary for healthcare careers. We also provide personal support and advising to help you reach the next stage in your career journey with a focus on the application process for medical school and other professional degree programs. The mission of California University of Science and Medicine, School of Medicine is to advance the art and science of medicine through innovative medical education, research, and compassionate healthcare delivery in an inclusive environment that advocates critical thinking, creativity, integrity, and professionalism. The MBS program encourages applications from students whose goals align with our mission. While we welcome applications from throughout our state and nationwide, we give preference to applicants from our local region in California’s Inland Empire. Please join us!
Potential Careers and Professions
The CUSM-SOM Master in Biomedical Sciences degree is an innovative program designed for students who wish to enhance their academic qualifications and candidacy for a career in healthcare, such as an MD, DO, DDS, PhD or other professions such as nursing, pharmacy, research, education, physician assistant and biomedical technology.
The CUSM-SOM Difference
The CUSM-SOM MBS program has additional advantages that extend beyond the basic biomedical and academic portion of the curriculum, including:
- An emphasis on the personal learning experiences of students to support their journey to a career in healthcare.
- MBS students with a 3.2 cumulative GPA in the first semester of the program and a minimum MCAT score of 506 will be offered an opportunity to interview for a position in our MD program. Please note: Students must independently submit an MD application via AMCAS
- Support from the faculty and staff for applications to professional programs.
- Enhancement of interview skills with a simulated medical school interview and feedback from experienced faculty.
- Instruction by faculty who have vast global experience in research and teaching including MD and MBS programs.
- Individualized professional development and career advising.
- Access to online MCAT review resources are provided through the MBS Program, students can work on these in their own time.